Bahraini writer and poet, based in the UK. Member of Young Identity and receiving mentorship from Commonword. Creative Producer and Editor of Between Two Islands project and anthology, funded by Arts Council England. BBC Words First 2020 semi-finalist. New Writing North Arabic Translation mentee, 2021.
I’m passionate about Bahraini history, the Baharna experience, human rights and decolonising education. This website showcases work I’ve put out over the years – please note, I’ve done more work under campaigning organisations, particularly around education and human rights. If you’d like to see more of my work, please just get in touch.
BA Journalism at the University of Winchester. MA Near & Middle Eastern Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies.
– RAQABIYYA, Or Neck Tax, in Ecosystems of Fury – The Scalpel and the Sledgehammers – Myth Restoration (Anthology), Young Identity, 2021
– Adrift Along the Moonbeam, in Between Two Islands, 2021
– The Milled-Up Years, in Zindabad Issue 1, 2021
– The Invention of Rational Economic Man, in Consilience Issue 3, 2020
– Translation: “The Desire of Life”, in Modern Poetry in Translation 3/2020
– After The Last Edition, in Peterloo Poems by Manchester People, 2019
– More translations and poems published informally on Instagram
– Between Two Islands Launch, 2021
– The Stories We Thread, Manchester City of Literature and Manchester Poetry Library, World Poetry Day 2021
– Resistance Is My Mother Tongue, with Young Identity, International Mother Language Day 2021